I love getting out of the house and meeting fans and friends. I’ll be at the following shows—and maybe some more, but I’ll post those up here as they’re announced. If you wind up at one too, be sure to say hi!
Indianapolis, IN. July 30–August 2.
The Best Four Days in Gaming. Except it’s more like five days, and it covers a LOT more than just gaming. I’ll be here for my 34th year in a row (I started young), helping out with the Writer’s Symposium and the Guest of Honor tracts. Don’t miss it!
Wednesday, July 29:
- The Diana Jones Award Party, which I host. We’re going on fifteen years now, which seems impossible for an award that rose from a trivia trophy composed of the burnt remains of the last copy of the Indiana Jones Roleplaying Game found at TSR UK. It’s an industry-only event, but if you qualify and want details, ping me at [email protected]
Thursday, July 30
- 1 PM: Writer’s Craft: Editing Your Work, with Susan J. Morris, Erin M. Evans, Howard Andrew Jones, and James L. Sutter.
- 3 PM: Kickstarting for Fun and Profit, with James Ernest, JT Smith, Luke Peterschmidt, Richard Thomas, and Rachel Ventura.
Friday, July 31
- 11 AM: Signing in Author’s Alley in the exhibit hall. This is my sole time for signing rather than chatting, so if you have something for me to autograph, be sure to bring it by.
- 12 PM: Building Games in the Garage, with Keith Baker, James Ernest, Paul Peterson, and JT Smith.
Saturday, August 1
- 1 PM: Writer’s Craft: Sustaining the Tension in Novels, with Susan J. Morris, Lauren M. Roy, John Hornor Jacobs, and Chuck Wendig.
- 4 PM: Character Craft: Worthy Opponents, with Elizabeth Vaughan, Christopher Rowe, Terry Brooks, and Geoffrey Girard.
New York City, NY. October 8-11
This will be my first time to the big show in the Big Apple, and I can’t wait. I’ll be signing books for DK once again, plus seeing what other kinds of fun I can get into.
Madison, WI. November 6–8.
This is a relatively new show, but it’s grown like crazy and has a stunning list of guests being brought in from all around North America. I’ll be a guest of honor here, along with many excellent industry friends. Come on out and join me for a few days of gaming fun.