(Cover) Credit Where It’s Due
My friend Joe W. Martin oversaw the principal photography of the Matt Forbeck’s Brave New World short that debuted at Gen Con a few years ago. It’s a great piece of work, and you can see it below.
Joe dropped me a note today to ask if he’d been credited for the photos on the covers of the books. I checked to see what I’d done in the rush of producing the books and realized that while I’d thanked the fine people at Reactor 88 Studios — who produced the short — over and over again, I hadn’t named Joe or any of the actors who appeared in the photos. I’m here to correct that.
Matt Forbeck’s Brave New World: Revolution and Omnibus
Matt Forbeck’s Brave New World: Revelation
- Cover Photo: Joe W. Martin
- Cover Model: Zachary Laoutides
- Cover Design: Jacob Clary and Matt Forbeck
Matt Forbeck’s Brave New World: Resolution
Of course, none of the production would have been possible without the work of the countless people who make up the Reactor 88 Studios crew led by Darren Orange, Darrik Cupps, and Phil Norton. Huge thanks also goes to John Zinser and his team at AEG, who own the Brave New World roleplaying game on which the film and the novels are based.
A few fun notes about the photos:
- Chuck Wagner’s mother made the mask for him, and it looks fantastic.
- Zack was posing as the character Charge here, but he was later cast to be Street instead.
- The shot of Natalie actually comes from the last day of shooting the short and is the only one shot on location in downtown Chicago.