My longtime gaming industry pal Gareth-Michael Skarka recently put up a tabletop roleplaying game project on Kickstarter called Far West. This is an idea that I’ve watched him kick around for years, and I was thrilled to see him return to it with a renewed sense of purpose. The Kickstarter campaign went so well that it got funded in record time (15 hours!), and Gareth immediately set to figuring out how to offer his supporters even more for their money.
To that end, Gareth tapped a number of his writer friends — myself included — to write tales for a Far West fiction anthology. It’s a fantastic lineup of writers:
- Tessa Gratton (Blood Magic, Werewolves & Shapeshifters, Corsets and Clockwork)
- Dave Gross (Prince of Wolves, Master of Devils, former editor of Amazing Stories)
- Shane Hensley (Deadlands: Perdition’s Daughter; The Good, The Bad and The Dead)
- Will Hindmarch (The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities, The Bones: Us and Our Dice)
- Scott Lynch (The Lies of Locke Lamora, Red Seas Under Red Skies, The Republic of Thieves)
- Ari Marmell (The Conqueror’s Shadow, Agents of Artifice, The Goblin Corps, etc.)
- Aaron Rosenberg (various novels for Star Trek, StarCraft, Warcraft, Eureka, Stargate Atlantis andWarhammer)
- Eddy Webb (Senior Transmedia Developer, CCP/White Wolf)
- Chuck Wendig (Double Dead, Blackbirds, Irregular Creatures)
- …and, of course, the FAR WEST development team of T.S. Luikart and Gareth-Michael Skarka
- Plus me.