Submissions for the next set of Origins Awards are due by the end of January. If you’re a game designer or a publisher, snap to it.
Check out the official press release after the break.
ORIGINS AWARD PRODUCT SUBMISSION
Any product released during 2005 is eligible for submission to this year’s Origins Awards. Nominees will be announced at the 2006 GAMA Trade Show (13-16 March) and the Origins Awards will be presented during the 2006 Origins International Game Expo (29 June -2 July).
Please submit your Submissions using the Form found at https://www.originsgames.com/aagad/ under
2005-submissions-form. The Academy Submissions form for 2005 can only be completed by registered users via https://www.originsgames.com/aagad/2005-submissions-form. Registering for the site is free and uses the same system as your OriginsGames.com account so register and log in today! (The ONLINE Submission form may be updated so please re-check.)
Provide the following information:
Product submission deadline: January 31, 2006. Deadline extensions due to circumstances beyond a company’s control may be granted by the Academy Chair. To request an extension, email your request, reason, and proposed submission date to [email protected].
Origins Award submissions must include all of the following information and items:
* Intended Product Category [categories are listed below] * 7 copies of the product (or samples in the case of complete miniature lines)
* CD with 300 DPI images of the product
* Product Title/logo
* Company logo
* A 100 words (or less) description of the product
* A “product review article” with photos (optional)
* Eligibility statement (A signed Memo on company letterhead stating that the product meets
2005 eligibility requirements.)
POC for this submission: NAME, EMAIL, PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS.
Please mail additional materials to:
GAMA Attn: Academy Chair
280 North High Street, Suite 230
Columbus, Ohio 43215
List all entries for each product:
Full and complete name of the product
Award Category [Select one category for this product] Publisher [Complete name of the publishing company] Release Date [Month and year of product’s release] Short Description [brief (100 words or less) description of the product] Long Description [detailed description/review of the product]
ORIGINS AWARDS CATEGORIES:
• Best Boardgame
• Best Collectible Card Game or Supplement
• Best Traditional Card Game or Supplement
• Best Role Playing Game or Supplement
• Best Miniatures Game or Supplement [*Proposed: Science Fiction & Fantasy Awards] • Best Miniature/Miniatures Line [*Proposed: Science Fiction, Fantasy & Collectable] • Best Historical Boardgame or Boardgame supplement
• Best Historical Miniatures Line
• Best Historical Miniatures Game
• Best Play-By-Mail Game
• Best Gaming Publication, Fiction
• Best Gaming Publication, Non Fiction
• Best Game Accessory
Other Annual Academy Awards:
• ORIGINS VANGUARD AWARDS for significant achievement and/or innovation.
• ORIGINS GAMERS CHOICE AWARDS: Gamers vote online for best games (Boardgame, Role Playing Game,
Collectable Card Game, Traditional Card Game, Miniatures Game, Historical Miniatures Game.)
• ORIGINS NEW RELEASE AWARDS: Gamers vote onsite at Origins’06 for best new product(s) RELEASED AT
• GAMA TRADE SHOW NEW RELEASE AWARDS: Attendees vote onsite at GTS’06 for Best new product(s)
RELEASED AT GTS’06.
• HALL OF FAME INDUCTION: Award for significant lifetime achievement GAME(S) or GAMING
• GAME OF THE YEAR: The “Game” that receives the highest combined percentage of votes cast
between Academy and Gamers Choice.
Origins International Games Expo